Tuesday 26 May 2009

Imbalance Of Power



Chez Puddlecote has been due an extensive rewire for a while so we've got the electricians in as our contribution to stimulating the economy (and nothing at all to do with the fact that 'home improvement suppliers' are cutting prices to the bone at the moment)**.

As you can see, it renders the comfy blogging/surfing area rather awkward with floorboards up everywhere downstairs, and everything corralled in the centre of the rooms. It could be worked around except for the inconvenient lack of electricity.

Fortunately, the upstairs ring main is still active, so by unplugging the kids' electrical appliances (boy did they whinge) the freezer can be kept going via a long extension lead, and the router plugged in for a mobile first floor net presence on Fanny P's laptop (the David Tennant screensaver is a trifle disturbing).

The kettle on the landing is a bit of a hazard but Fanny does like her coffee.

Blogging may be light for a couple of days as it's difficult to keep up when restricted with space. I read MW at the top of the stairs, F2C on the floor of the youngest's bedroom amidst scattered pokemon figures, and Old Holborn, fittingly, on the bog.

With Sky+ out of action and feeling cramped by balancing a laptop on my knees for the past hour, I'm off to sit outside a pub for a while.

** Bathroom being done next week, and quotes being collected for the kitchen.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Be careful Dick, sitting on the bog with Old Holborn...not a good look!

Anonymous said...

Michael Moore. Ben Elton.

Hmmmm.... knowing the enemy?

AJ

Dick Puddlecote said...

Sort of, Al. Elton writes better than me, both are richer.

I'm just relieved you didn't highlight the Sun book of darts quizzes, now that is really embarrassing.

Cate Munro said...

I love a big, imposing, black chair dick! ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh my god, I've just spied not one but TWO Rubik's cubes! Oh well, I suppose it's something else to do while on the bog.

That reminds me, I need to buy bog rolls for BigYin Towers.