Monday 16 July 2012

The World Watches, But Might Not Be Impressed

Considering we're talking about Bruce Springsteen and Sir Paul McCartney here, this story has flown around the world.
[E-Street Band guitarist Steven Van Zandt] said: "One of the great gigs ever in my opinion. But seriously, when did England become a police state? Is there just too much fun in the world? We would have been off by 11 if we'd done one more. On a Saturday night! Who were we disturbing?"
Maybe the Olympics could leave a very useful legacy, after all. The pathetic state of risk and offence-terrified, jobsworth, authoritarian, and utterly joyless Britain is beginning to be noticed.

Personally, I hope there are many more examples like this in the coming weeks. If our own bovine public can't be bothered to get these people off our backs, we'll just have to hope that international embarrassment and ridicule might do the job instead.

Well, you never know.


5 comments:

Jax said...

" ... when did England become a police state?"

Maybe it'd been coming for a while, but the final confirmation that we were living in a police state, together with confirmation that the majority of the drone-like public hadn't even noticed, meaning that said authorities could continue to impose it and extend it (for example to things like - ahem - loud music), was on - ooh, when was it? - Oh, I remember, it was on 1 July 2007.

Bill C said...

Britain has become as joyful as our recent soggy weather; I am totally embarrassed to call myself British!!

Tony said...

To be honest we've only got ourselves to blame. We have allowed the idiots in power/positions of influence carte blanche to decide what is good or bad for us, backed up by dodgy and fudged statistics and a population so dumbed down that a lot of them even encourage their own enslavement.


It's going to get a lot worse too, Jesus Christ can you imagine what it is going to be like in 50 years time?? 
I look back very fondly at the 80's and 90's, which for me was a great era especially socializing when I was younger, the young people of today in 2050 will be looking back at the 10's with fondness. This is just the tip of the iceberg and these bastards are not going to stop any time soon.

I know it sounds bad and that is because it is, we have things like second hand smoke being parroted as harmful with zero evidence, the plain packs being pushed through with zero evidence that it will work, poor bastards in Australia being charged a carbon tax on something that is produced naturally. And this is just the start.

I would love to round up all these pricks and put them on their own island in the middle of nowhere and tell them that they can do just what the hell they like, so long as they don't try and tell me what I can do with my life. Bastards.

SadButMadLad said...

I made some predictions about the forthcoming Olympics but as soon as I hit the publish button more and more stupid cases of Nazi Olympic Authoritarians making stupid decisions cropped up. I don't think it's possible to keep up with the madness.

Tony said...

Oh forgot to say, the motivator is a tribute to Leg Iron. :-)