Wednesday 17 November 2010

Two Years On ...

This evening marks the second anniversary of this blog stuttering into existence following encouragement from its honorary Godfather, Ian PJ. I felt I had something to say but wondered at the time if there was room for yet another libertarian blog (how things change, eh?). However, Ian assured me that the more voices calling for less state interference, the better, and that a new point of view may bring something different to the bloggers' table.

I can't remember what my expectations were back then, or whether this is that dissimilar to other freedom-chasing sites ... although there always seems to be more hard-drinking, fag-puffing and kebab-munching going on here than most. Perhaps you'd noticed that?

Still, two years on and there have been 1,476 articles, drawing 9,306 comments from a readership which last month racked up 22,000+ visits and just over 500 daily RSS subscriptions, so there must be at least a few words of interest in amongst this lip-shot jumble of 'tabloid' guff.

I read every comment even if I sometimes don't have time to add to them, and have enjoyed the past two years immensely (though it can be infuriating to shoot down the same statist lies time and time again, as others have noted), so hearty thanks is owed to everyone who has popped by since November 2008 (except watchers from ASH, of course, you can go play catch with chainsaws as far as I'm concerned).

The libertarian blogosphere has a different look and feel about it to the one I joined back then, but I can only plough my own furrow. So all the while swivel-eyed health loons keep peddling their bullshit, I'll continue producing froth-mouthed rantings from this small, taped off bio-hazard corner of the web.

Stubbornness is a Puddlecote trait and I'm certainly not ready to give up just yet (Mrs P smiles at the thought of a further monopoly of the tellybox), so here's to the next two years. Cheers.


16 comments:

spikejack said...

really enjoy reading your blog dick, it keeps me sane at times. thank you

karl

Snowolf said...

Happy bloody birthday, you filthy smoker, you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats and keep up the good work Dick.

Pat Nurse MA said...

Keep going. It's a great blog... and thanks for encouraging and inspiring me to blog.

Captain Ranty said...

Happy erm Bloggerversary.

No doubt I'll run a similar post next March thanking YOU for inspiring me, and helping me to get started.

Keep going DP, you are doing wonderful things here.

Yer old mucker,

CR.

Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs said...

Happy birthday DP - I'm drinking a nice homemade Merlot - I shall raise a glassful to this great blog!

Cheers!

Trooper Thompson said...

Jolly good show, well done. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Please don't leave the globosphere as several others have. Your globsite is great - and I'd be at a loss if I didn't have it to read each day. Thank goodness this isn't one of those fare-thee-well postings and hoping that doesn't come any time soon if ever. There's a lot more hell to be raised and you're doing a swell job raising it. Thanks !!

Dick the Prick said...

Good man. 2 years? FFS - tempus fugit etc. Cheers DP.

JuliaM said...

Here's to many more! :)

Ian R Thorpe said...

Proof that the ciggies have not affected your stamina then Dick.

Love the blog

SadButMadLad said...

Some way for me to go then before I catch you up. ;-)

Dick Puddlecote said...

Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated. :)

As for stamina, Ian, you might need it to read the (abridged) account of my visit to Prague!

George Speller said...

Dick - thanks for the last 2 years. I found you through the sidebar of the Free Society blog, which I found through Forest. And you led me to Frank Davies, maybe the sanest man in the blogosphere - possibly sanest man on the planet.

Thanks Dick.

g1lgam3sh said...

Excellent blog, long may it continue.

Breaker said...

Top work, Mr P.

Keep at it my good man, keep at it.