Friday 30 November 2012

The Characters Of Doom!

If you thought lizards under the north pole was an amusing conspiracy theory, you're gonna love this.
British American Tobacco has agreed to remove three letter abbreviations stamped on six brands of its cigarettes. 
[Health Minister Tanya] Plibersek says six packets of cigarettes obtained by the ABC early in October appear to breach [plain packaging] rules. 
"They have letters on them like NYC, LDN for London, SYD for Sydney, AUS for Australia, we think those sort of letter tags suggest some meaning to people who are smoking," she said.
Quite bizarre, as Snowdon remarked when this accusation was first levelled in October.
I would like to comment on this, I really would, but the nutters have finally gone beyond the point at which I can even understand their arguments. My nearest guess would be that they think people will be 'lured' into taking up the smoking habit by seeing the letters 'LDN' on a cigarette. That is so stark-staringly, fetch-the-tranquiliser-gun insane that I can only assume that there is another layer of wibble that I've missed.
Now, it's just a hunch, but I reckon quite a few smokers read this blog. So, if you have any suggestions as to what this nudge-nudge wink-wink message for the sinister and mysterious 'brethren of the herb' might be, I'd welcome them.

Having said that, now they mention it I'm seeing this subliminal message all over the place!



Oh noes! Even from ... THEM!


My God! It's blatant, they're not even hiding it anymore. What infernal mischief could this evil abbreviation be conveying? Someone call David Icke, and quick!


9 comments:

Assistance Please said...

“LDN”

Light….. Down…… Now..
Light….. Light….. Dear….. Door….. Night…
Light.. Light…. Discover…… Nutrino..
Light…… Light.. Lip… Lion....... Lolly...

No, no.... I can’t figure it out. If I’m smoking due to this “code”, I should at least know what it means. HELP!!

Mr McPhee said...

LDN - lovely delicious nicotine

nisakiman said...

I tweeted this link yesterday:

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/change-marks-identifying-legal-cigarettes-20121129


which is almost as bonkers. It's as if they think that it will actually make problems for the counterfeiters. I despair at the contortions these people put themselves through just so they can discomfit people who enjoy something they don't themselves like. Really, can't they find anything better to do with their lives?

Dick_Puddlecote said...

Good call! :)

Dick_Puddlecote said...

Maybe the letters spark a level of consciousness in the brain and the real message is then sent telepathically. Those crafty tobacco industry demons, eh?

JonathanBagley said...

I was watching "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" last night, when I noticed ARWYTFH stamped on the packet of oatcakes I was opening. I was amazed at my good fortune. I do really fancy Ashley Roberts.

sandrajean said...

NYC = No You Cannot!!!!

The Meissen Bison said...

LDN is code for "The Smoke" but the others are trickier to place. The Big Apple could, after all, just stand for two of your five-a-day.

Bucko TheMoose said...

I don't know what it is but I suddenly have an overwhelming urge to visit London