Tuesday 1 December 2009

Smoke Screens: Out Today



Rich White is only a young writer, but he has put together some powerful research for a new book, released today, on the history of tobacco control.

Yes, of course there are lies detailed within. What else would you expect from even a cursory examination of the hysterical lunatics who have fake coughed and exaggeratedly waved their way through the 20th century and beyond, let alone an in-depth piece such as this?

Rich was kind enough to let me have a sneaky peek prior to publication and it certainly pulls no punches. By delving into some of the early indulgences of the tobacco control industry, White comes up with some provocative explanations as to how a herb, which was once viewed as purely medicinal, came to be cynically demonised in the perennial nicotine supply war between big tobacco and big pharma.

There are a few teasers at Rich's site, after which you might like to buy Smoke Screens here.

I can recommend this as a perfect Christmas present for that irritating, obsessive anti-smoking gobshite in your family (we've all got at least one).




3 comments:

Uncle Marvo said...

He's an M.B.Ch.B. Sounds like a Doctor.

I've bought a copy. There are too many irritating gobshites for me to buy them one each, they'll have to pass it round.

Anonymous said...

I can recommend this as a perfect Christmas present for that irritating, obsessive anti-smoking gobshite in your family (we've all got at least one).

Actually, they're all dead. I know. lol.

Anonymous said...

I wish this book and a few others on the same subject were required purchases for all free public lending libraries, forcing them to offer alternative opinions to the propaganda flooding the shelves, at least at our local library - everything from anti-smoking to global-warming-alarmist to pro-communist in multiple quantities but I bet I will find no copy of this book or anything similar, not ever. The public library systems are being as much used as propaganda tools, through their censoring of books, as are the mainstream media. Yesterday, I noticed 5 brand new copies of "Gay Witchcraft Rituals" in the religion section - which doesn't even sound much like "religion" to me - and why 5 copies instead of just 1 - and then balance out the anti-smoking garbage with some books such as this one. Public money is truly being squandered on one-sided propaganda through censoring at public libraries - I don't know if I'm the only one to have noticed this or not - but I believe it is true.