Tuesday 21 September 2010

Slartibartfast In Disguise?

So Jeeves has been having trouble with a few questions, eh?

Internet search engine Ask Jeeves has compiled what it called a top 10 of "unanswerables" in the past decade.

JEEVES' UNANSWERABLES

1. What is the meaning of life?
Jeeves' processors are obviously not powerful enough, so let's try the Magrathean supercomputer, Deep Thought, instead.


And thus does it become clear. Your jewel robbing host has been installed at number 42 in the Total Politics blog poll 2010.

QED. You may find the answer to life, the universe and everything ... here.

I always felt that there must be a point to all this waffle.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

10th October 2010....101010 in binary....42 in decimal.
perhaps the answer will be revealed then

Kate said...

Life ... don't talk to me about life.

BTS said...

Congratulations sport. But, and I do hate to be the one to have to break it to you, I beat you. I got 41 on my IQ test.

Still, I think there is one thing that we can all learn from this - a dressing-gown is perfectly respectable attire no matter where in the universe one may find oneself.

JuliaM said...

Congrats! :D

Dick Puddlecote said...

Anon: I'll be watching for legislative announcements on that date now.

BTS: Considering I've had the lurgey and spent the entire day in one, I am beginning to see your point.

Angry Exile said...

Magrathean? Shame on you, DP, for forgetting Deep Thought was built by the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings who were finding the Ultimate Question a distraction from their games of Brockian Ultra Cricket.

And yes, it is better than being a Star Trek nerd :-)