Sunday 31 October 2010

The Maddest Man On The Planet

Apologies for not being around much today, been too busy enjoying Halloween with my kids and those who have visited the doorstep tonight.

Perhaps I should have been writing instead as it turns out I've actually been mortally wounding every last one of them.

Thus, suggests Prof. John Banzhaf of Action on Smoking and Health (ASH), adults should warn their children this Halloween, and also on other days, against visiting, going to parties, or playing in homes where adults smoke, especially in their presence.
Yes, this is the same ASH whose British arm, via our taxes, are funded by Cameron's government.

I've invited ASH UK to divorce themselves from his insanity before, but received no reply. One must presume, then, that they are quite happy to be associated with probably the maddest man on the planet.

Hey, Dockrell, you've got my e-mail. I'll give you another chance. Would you care to distance your Shoreditch operation from the notion that a kid standing briefly at a smoker's door is in mortal danger on Halloween?

Think of the funding, sunshine. No-one, not even anti-smokers, are happy paying for absurdity, after all.

H/T Taking Liberties


10 comments:

Woodsy42 said...

Think of the upside if this mad brainwashing works.
All you need do is put a sign on your gate 'Beware of the Smoker'. Immediately no more salespeople, meter readers, Jehova's Witnesses, Mormons, tax collectors, TV licence collectors, burglars ect.
It's a winner :-)

Dick Puddlecote said...

Hey, don't get me wrong. I hope Banzhaf lives to 158 or more. Every time he opens his gob he perfectly illustrates how deranged anti-smokers - and specifically ASH - are.

In other news, Bad Science still happy to align their deep critical analysis of science with a fruitcake, err, engineer.

George Speller said...

Those whom the gods would destroy they first make mad.

Mr A said...

Yes, long may he continue. I now include a link to the ASH US study that shows that even touching a smoker can cause neurological damage in almost every post I make. I think it really hits home to people who know nothing about Tobacco Control just how barking mad they all are. You can talk about 3rd hand smoke phone polls, the Pell Study etc till the cows come home and most people who don't really think about smoking either don't listen or don't know enough about bad science to care. However, that study (and the other ASH US one where smoke can apparently travel down electricity cables to kill other inhabitants of the same block of flats) really grabs their attention and brings home to the ignorant and the waverers how deranged the ASH-ites are.

I think I've won a few people over to the the pro-choice side with those gems. In fact, I even think that my posting such links on paper comments sections, Conservative Home and the like has played some very tiny part in the current spate of anti-ASH sentiment amongst various MPS and think tanks.

MPs are generally a pretty stupid and uninformed lot. I think many of them genuinely thought ASH was a health lobby group. Nothing makes them finally realise that they're a bunch of fake science producing lunatics than the sort of pronouncements Banzhaf and Glantz make on a regular basis.

Long may they continue!

Mac the Knife said...

What an unutterable cockpod that man is.

Leg-iron said...

There were no visitors at my door this evening. I wonder if it's the smoking, or my habit of growling at children?

It could be the face. Although Halloween is the one night of the year when it's not a problem.

Sam Duncan said...

You're going to love this, Dick...

“Lancet: Alcohol 'Causes More Harm Than Crack'”

Dick Puddlecote said...

Yeah, seen that Sam, but still trying to find the text of the report.

Anonymous said...

DP

I have a copy - let me know if I can help (personal use only - sorry, can't put up a leak.) Respond here, please.

Alan

Dick Puddlecote said...

That would be great if you could, Alan. My e-mail is above by clicking on 'contact' :)